G2 is an integrated multi-product, industry-focused investment bank focused on crafting bespoke operational and financial advisory solutions for our corporate and investor clients. We work with clients across a range of situational dynamics, from struggles with a challenging downtrend to development of and execution of a growth strategy. Our breadth of service capabilities is unparalleled in the lower middle market.
our core services: Sell-Side | Buy-Side | Capital Markets | Restructuring
For CEO’S and their Boards:
You have noticed that your industry is changing. Larger companies have been buying smaller players and the Private Equity community has invested alongside several of the management teams in your market.
An exit strategy has not been a core focus thus far. You believe that if you build a great company and make the right decisions things will work out over the long term.
The market has changed.
The pace and velocity of your industry, not just domestically but globally have continued to force business owners to address critical challenges:
• Am I better off staying my course as a standalone player in the market?
• Should I partner with a larger player from another geography to vertically integrate?
• Is it time I take some liquidity from the business and retain a portion for a growth strategy with a financial partner?
These are the kinds of questions that CEOs and Boards ask us every day.
Whether you are seeking to form strategic alliances, grow through acquisition, or maximize the value of your business, success is predicated on developing a thoughtful, robust M&A strategy. Through comprehensive analyses, informed by decades of industry and transaction expertise and an understanding of today’s dynamic marketplace, G2 partners with clients to identify and pursue strategic alternatives that create true economic value.
For Private Equity and Family Office investors:
There is no shortage of competent and experienced investment bankers in the lower middle market that you can choose to utilize for the M&A needs of your portfolio companies.
G2 was built to provide a differentiated alternative to generalists in the lower middle market. Our concept was simple
• Develop a deep industry focus utilizing a team led by a G2 Practice Leader with executive operating experience
• Partner that Practice Leader with a financial deal team comprised of seasoned capital markets professionals who know how to execute robust M&A processes
• Leverage our industry contacts and resources to really understand and add to our clients’ value proposition and their true differentiation in their market
• Position the client’s story and messaging to the right audience where true synergies exist and seek to capitalize on a strategic sale process
• Run a tight and comprehensive process which is actually led and executed by our senior team not first year analysts
• In the end, we live by our motto FINAO (“Failure Is Not An Option”) and will never give up on a mandate
We are as experienced raising growth capital as we are at placing emergency rescue financing for distressed situations.
It is difficult to find an independent, conflict free investment bank with G2’s experience in raising capital for lower middle-market companies. We have significant experience with all forms of capital advisory and placements including; Debt Advisory: bank financing, senior and subordinated, convertible debt, special situations and emergency financings and Equity Placements: ranging from growth equity, majority recapitalizations and minority equity. G2 assists clients raise the necessary capital after completing a detailed analysis of multiple capital structure options and liquidity profiles. Whether it involves financing for mergers and acquisitions, funding growth opportunities, or shoring up the balance sheet due to deteriorating market dynamics, we have the experience and resources to meet the capital needs of our clients.
Our Restructuring team is unique in that we are built to provide a one-stop shop with a fully integrated team comprised of Operational, Financial and M&A advisors and bankers.
G2 built our restructuring practice on a simple yet seemingly challenging dynamic we saw in the market, as former users of these services. Operational and Financial restructuring firms have historically stayed on opposite sides of the fence. For large-cap companies this premise makes sense, however, for the lower middle market, it is clear that a company in any form of operational or financial distress cannot afford the time and money in utilizing two separate firms. Whether it is on the debtor or the creditor side of the table, G2 is well positioned to rapidly assess the situation and to execute a series of strategies that meet the need of the stakeholders involved.
These capabilities coupled with our Industry Practice groups create a unique platform for our clients to leverage at each stage of a challenging lifecycle of a company